We’re looking for a contract to permanent hire Art Director to lead our design team with a diverse mix of creative projects.
Connections Media LLC is a digital agency headquartered in Washington, DC providing strategy, design, content and customized technology services to high-profile public affairs and political advocacy clients. We’re looking for an Art Director to lead our design team with a diverse mix of creative projects.
The ideal candidate is a creative and efficient self-starter, and a leader possessing superior communication skills (both online and off) as well as advanced project management experience, strong UX knowledge and an exceptional design portfolio.
Day-to-day, you’ll play an essential role in the design, development and conception of beautiful web sites, print products, social/advertising campaigns, and mobile apps for some of the country’s most well-known and respected brands and causes. This role requires an ability to translate business needs into actionable creative solutions that make use of web design best practices. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for delivering elegant work and meaningful results to our clients. Our creative team is 100% Mac.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- BFA in Graphic Design or related four-year degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an agency
- 2+ years in a supervisory role
- Ability to provide clear art direction to interactive designers and display strong and collaborative leadership style
- Diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across graphic and digital design, typography, composition and iconography
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities. Whether the audience is internal or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently
- Working knowledge of digital design/development and technologies as they relate to design and creating client-appropriate experience
- A passion for staying on top of current design trends coupled with a deep understanding of user experience
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; experience with Sketch a plus
- Excellent creative/aesthetic judgment and with a proven ability to communicate it
- Basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Inspire, motivate, and art direct interactive designers to create and deliver excellent work
- Design and develop websites, web applications, advertising banners, social sharables, print campaigns and storyboards
- Creative conceptualizing and brainstorming
- Assist with all phases of agency/business development
QUALITIES YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Detail-Oriented and Highly Organized: With multiple projects under your supervision from start to finish, this position requires constant management of timelines and budgeting, and the ability to multitask and work quickly but effectively
- Confidence and Expertise: We’re looking for a confident, enthusiastic and collaborative individual with the experience and expertise to serve as a client-facing subject matter expert
- Leadership: The Art Director must have demonstrated experience serving as a trusted leader and mentor
- Team Player: The Art Director needs to be able to manage expectations from the client and internal departments, and work collaboratively across teams
- Driven: We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual with the ability to find innovative ways to accomplish clients’ objectives
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 15 Days of Paid Time Off
- 5 Days of Paid Sick Leave
- 3 Months of Paid Parental Leave
- Parking and Transit Benefits
- Professional Development Opportunities
- An Opportunity to Work on Some of the World’s Biggest Events and Announcements
- Fun, Hardworking, Passionate and Collaborative Co-Workers and Work Environment
- Fresh Fruits, Healthy Snacks, Cereal Bar and Assortment of Drinks
Please apply on LinkedIn.
Connections Media, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer.